Friday, September 17, 2010

switching things up.

epiphany time: i have decided to *try* and spend more time on this blog and use it for all (most) things me and fashion (vintage and current styles).. you know.. get a little fancier and more personal with things other than just flogging my latest vintage listings.. make it a true blog.
i will also offer special "blog follower only" discounts to readers who post comments.... so stay tuned all three followers.. errr two (since i am following my own blog O_o) and feel free to give me your two cents... i look forward to it.
i know this is super exciting news... but calm down already.
so first question is.. what are you currently obsessed with?
here are my current loves:
as always.. stripes:



skinny cargo pants:
boat neck anything:
piet mondrian inspired prints/ colorblocking:
novelty prints:
and 80's knit sweaters: except i don't have any photos because i keep them all :)

your turn.








9 comments:

  1. Well, since it's fall, I'm obsessed with patterned tights. The crazier, the better! Also, wedge boots and leather jackets.

    I'm always obsessed with vintage Hawaiian dresses, playsuits and teatimers.

    Mondrian is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooo patterned tights. yessss.. *i like!* been meaning to get some tights... and socks. i am even digging this look http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=80&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=18773408x&parentid=W_ACC_LEGGINGSANDTIGHTS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority&navCount=35&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_ACC_LEGGINGSANDTIGHTS&popId=WOMENS_ACCESSORIES&prepushId=&selectedProductSize=
    (someone needs to learn how to hyperlink in a comment post)
    moving from phoenix to seattle is a huge adjustment to ones wardrobe. all the things i only ever wished i had a place to wear but was limited by 112 degree weather is now beckoning me. any tips as to who makes the best solid black tights that are not see through?
    kila.. i can't look at a jumpsuit/romper without thinking.. what would kila do? or wwkd for short ;-)
    oh.. and back to tights.. i like these stripey ones from dollydagger
    http://dollydagger.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PMFT1BLKGRY
    they remind me of the get up from the "kiss with a fist" video by florence and the machine.. but hers are way better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsDegqioVA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the time of year...or maybe it's the company I keep but I am all about disco and dirndls this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE dirndls. Back before i had kids (footloose and fancy free times) i did a thrift store run from phoenix to san francisco to reno to las vegas and back to phoenix.. for some odd reason i found a heap of dirndls. i am always looking for those things.. i have a dirndly inspired skirt going up on ebay this week.. i will post the link when it is up.
    disco is always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first striped dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks! I just sold it yesterday: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130431978203

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa I love your taste and I love that yellow butterfly dress! Shirt dresses are always so flattering and realistic to actually get a lot of use out of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika.. I didn't want to sell that dress! Always the way! I love butterfly prints!
    We need a girl's night out or something.. next rad dress I find I will put aside for such an occasion. I'd love to see you soon anyhow.. :)

    ReplyDelete